Our referral program counts over 2,800 developers who are quick, smart, and masterfully spreading the survey with their local developer groups and communities. We know that all of you are very keen on winning the top referral prizes like $ 200, $700 or $1,000 USD. But only the top 50 will score rewards. So we recently spoke with one of our top 3 referrers from the previous survey, and he was cool enough to share a few tips on how to climb the leaderboard faster. Read, learn, and apply!
1. Spread your influence. Twitter is cool but in some countries Whatsapp, Telegram, and Discord developer groups are more eager to back you up and take the survey to support you. Test a mix of different apps and sites.
2. Be intentional. It’s ok if you share the survey occasionally to boost your ranking. But if you want to get to the top, it’s worth planning ahead. Try to be active on specific days or times when you know other developers will be scrolling through their phones.
3. Learn about the people before posting. If you’re posting in a new developer group, forum, or Slack channel, it’s worth getting to know the vibe of the group first. Some are more casual, some are all about learning, some love memes. When you share the survey with them, try to blend in as a native.
4. Some people love to hear about the survey prizes, some don’t. That’s ok. You can focus on saying that the survey is actually a good learning opportunity to discover new tools and platforms.
5. Use the promo material we have prepared for you. Feeling a bit confused about how to promote the survey? Don’t know what to say? Pick a few tweets, banners or promo texts & grab your custom promo link to share with other developers.
6. Remind people that they need to complete the survey, so as to count towards your referrals. Perhaps some have started the survey and paused. Give them a gentle reminder to go back and finish answering the questions.
7. Mention that the survey is closing on August 4th. It helps when people know that there’s a deadline and they need to act fast.
8. We’re donating $0.10 for every response to a charity that developers can select when they enter the survey. That’s a nice way to motivate people to support you and our survey too!
Hope these quick tips will inspire you and keep you in the game so that you can climb the leaderboard and win our top 50 prizes. Just remember to play fair and square and only promote the survey to real developers and software creators (sorry, you can’t ask your mom or cousin to click randomly!). Read our Referral Terms & conditions to make sure you’re playing by the rules. Good luck!