The latest Developer Economics survey is now live, ready to measure the pulse of the developer ecosystem, helping the world understand developers and vice versa. We are calling all developers to shape the future of software development.
Here are a few facts about our developer surveys:
- This is the 17th edition of the semi-annual Developer Economics surveys.
- It is supported by the leading developer communities and technology vendors around the world: Amazon Alexa, Azure, ARM, Connected London, Intuit, Here, Digital Ocean, Nutanix, DZone, Hacker Nest, Heroku, Intel, Microsoft, Mozilla, Pivotal, VMWare, Salesforce, Samsung, SAP, Sitepoint, and more. However, it is run by the independent analyst firm /Data. (https://www.slashdata.co/)
- We reach over 40,000+ developers in 167 countries annually.
Who is this for? Who will shape the future of software development?
Software developers of all profiles including professionals, hobbyists, and students who work across all major areas: mobile, web, desktop, cloud, IoT, AR/VR, games, machine learning & data science.
What has changed in the survey?
- We have redesigned our questionnaire to capture all trends & insights related to the developer ecosystem.
- Developers can now sign-up for a global, independent, ever-growing community.
- We have a new Point System. Developers can earn points through several actions and unlock exclusive content and prizes.
- The survey theme. It’s now easier to walk through the questions with minimum distractions. That said, we try to make the survey taking as fun as possible, so that survey participants can enjoy a few fun facts throughout their experience.
- We want to hear the true developers’ voice so we reward them with amazing prizes, gadgets, licenses, etc.
- For each completed response to the survey, /Data will donate USD $0.1 to the Raspberry Pi Foundation to support the developers of tomorrow access tools and learning courses.
- There is a revamped Referral program available for all survey takers. Sharing is caring!
& What has stayed the same?
- It features questions that cover developers’ level of coding skills, favourite programming languages, technologies used for work/hobby, go-to spaces for learning and resources, as well as preferred tools for specific areas of development: mobile, web, desktop, cloud, IoT, AR/VR, games, machine learning & data science.
- We still care about learning and giving back, on top of helping devs
- Available to developers around the world in English, plus 8 other languages: Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Russian, Japanese, Korean.
For any additional information regarding the Developer Economics Survey, feel free to contact the Developer Economics team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developer Economics survey is now open, inviting all developers to take the survey and voice their opinions about platforms, apps, languages, APIs, revenues, dev tools, and more.
Are you a developer? Have your say!
Join us today!